Sunbeam Farm, interior : 3

Title:
  • Sunbeam Farm, interior : 3
Description:
  • The Sunbeam Inn operated from the 1920's until 1955. It consisted of the main building, which housed a dining room and dance floor, a vegetable stand, a barn and greenhouse, and Gerould's Ice Cream Shop.
  • In 1957 restauranteur Anthony Athanas purchased the property and opened the General Glover Restaurant on the site. The General Glover remained open until the late 1990's.
  • This photo shows a display of copper and pewter ware at the Inn. A small table is set up in the corner of the room surrounded by three chairs. The walls are made of brick, with a small fireplace to the side of the table. The copper and pewter ware are arranged along the walls and hanging from the ceiling. On the table are a lamp, a small sculpture, and what appears to be a guest book.
  • Title provided by cataloger
Date:
  • 1937
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:

Citation

“Sunbeam Farm, interior : 3,” Swampscott Public Library, Swampscott, Mass., accessed May 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/swampscott/items/show/673.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.