Sunbeam Farm, postcard : 6

  • Sunbeam Farm, postcard : 6
  • The Sunbeam Inn operated from the 1920's until 1955. It consisted of the main building, which housed a dining room and dance floor, a vegetable stand, a barn and greenhouse, and Gerould's Ice Cream Shop.
  • In 1957 restauranteur Anthony Athanas purchased the property and opened the General Glover Restaurant on the site. The General Glover remained open until the late 1990's.
  • Shows a close up view of the main entrance to the Sunbeam Farm/Sunbeam Inn building. This large building featured two rounded towers at either end of the building, with a flagpole atop each tower. The lower level of the building was made of rough stone and the upper level of brick. The walkway is flanked by plants and flowers leading to a double stairway with an emblem of the sun on the railing. Written on the front of the postcard are the words: "Sunbeam Farm, Paradise Road, Phillips Beach, Mass."
  • Title provided by cataloger
  • Date estimated
  • 1927?


“Sunbeam Farm, postcard : 6,” Swampscott Public Library, Swampscott, Mass., accessed August 19, 2022,


Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.