Sunbeam Farm, postcard : 5

  • Sunbeam Farm, postcard : 5
  • The Sunbeam Inn operated from the 1920's until 1955. It consisted of the main building, which housed a dining room and dance floor, a vegetable stand, a barn and greenhouse, and Gerould's Ice Cream Shop.
  • In 1957 restauranteur Anthony Athanas purchased the property and opened the General Glover Restaurant on the site. The General Glover remained open until the late 1990's.
  • Shows a side view of the Sunbeam Farm/Sunbeam Inn building showing steps leading up to a porch. This large building featured two rounded towers at either end of the building, with a flagpole atop each tower. The lower level of the building was made of rough stone and the upper level of brick. A car is parked in front of the Inn, and written on the front of the postcard are the words: "Sunbeam Farm, Paradise Road, Phillips Beach, Mass."
  • Title provided by cataloger
  • Date estimated
  • 1927?


“Sunbeam Farm, postcard : 5,” Swampscott Public Library, Swampscott, Mass., accessed October 2, 2022,


Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.