Sunbeam Farm, ice cream stand : 2

  • Sunbeam Farm, ice cream stand : 2
  • The Sunbeam Inn operated from the 1920's until 1955. It consisted of the main building, which housed a dining room and dance floor, a vegetable stand, a barn and greenhouse, and Gerould's Ice Cream Shop.
  • In 1957 restauranteur Anthony Athanas purchased the property and opened the General Glover Restaurant on the site. The General Glover remained open until the late 1990's.
  • This photo, taken from a distance, shows the Ice Cream stand at the Sunbeam Farm. The stand is build to resemble a medieval castle, with shields along the walls and flags flying atop the turrets. An unidentified man and woman are standing in front of the stand.
  • Title provided by cataloger
  • Date estimated
  • 1927?


“Sunbeam Farm, ice cream stand : 2,” Swampscott Public Library, Swampscott, Mass., accessed July 2, 2020,


Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.