Browse Items (13 total)

  • Collection: Swampscott Town Departments

pd8.jpg
Date: 1939
Description: Picture of the new Swampscott Police Station under construction in 1939.

pd7.jpg
Date: 1921
Description: Picture of the Swampscott Police Station as it appeared in 1921.

pd6.jpg
Date: 1910?
Description: Portrait of Swampscott Police Chief Ulysses M. Corson who served as chief from 1907-1922.

pd5.jpg
Date: 1926
Description: Portrait of the Swampscott Police Department, with two members on motorcycles, in front of Town Hall in 1926. The Chief of Police was fired and the department reorganized in 1925 as a result of the…[More]

pd4.jpg
Date: 1910
Description: Portrait of members of the Swampscott Police Department in 1910.

pd2.jpg
Date: 1905
Description: Portrait of the 1905 "specials" (pictured from left to right) : Fred McNamara, Alfred Frazier, John Thomas, Dick Gilley, Frank Griffin, John Bryson, Lemuel Pickard, John Doherty, and Eben Martin. …[More]

pd1.jpg
Date: 1903
Description: Portrait of six members of the Swampscott Police Department standing in front of the police station.

fd7.jpg
Date: 1930?
Description: Members of the Swampscott Fire Department pose in front of the Phillips Beach Engine House.

fd6.jpg
Date: 1914
Description: A man stands next to Swampscott Fire Department steamer that destroyed in the Salem Fire of 1914. In the background the devestated landscape is visible.

fd5.jpg
Date: 1930
Description: "Known as the Phillips Beach Chemical Firehouse ... the building on Phillips Avenue is still standing today. For years, it was a second fire station for the town until budget contraints closed it…[More]

fd4.jpg
Date: 1911
Description: Members of the Swampscott Fire Department and town officials pose with the department's first fire truck.

fd2.jpg
Date: 1892
Description: View of the Swampscott Fire Department and the department's steamer.

fd1.jpg
Date: 1892
Description: View of members of the Swampscott Fire Department and the department's steamer.