Summer reading prize winners. Front row,, l to r, Elaine Bosco, Joan O'Neil,. Middle row, Suzanne Malino, Marilyn Blea, Theophelia Panchyshyn, Carolyn Braczyk. Back row, Claudia Oliveri, Yvonne Mallett, and Peggy Madden, who read 51 books and wrote the winning essay.
St. Anthony's moonlight sail committee. Front row, Bob Caramanica, unk., Horace Rocco, Fr. Peter Bortolazzo, Mr. Romboli, unk., Angelo D'Agostino. Back row, unk., Billy DiNardo, Richard Rocco, unk., Frank Striano
The 1921 EHS football team poses in front of the old high school on Summer St. Seated front and center is team captain Andrew J. "Swede" Oberlander, who would be named Boston Globe All Scholastic at Left Tackle. Swede would go on to play at Dartmouth, and would eventually be enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame.
Students from Everett were featured on WBZ Radio "Quiz Down" on the evening of Feb. 27, 1952. Representing the Horace Mann School are, Standing, Ruth Skane, Richard O'Brien, Richard Talbot, David Herlihy, Nancy King, and Nancy Styles. Seated are hosts former major league pitcher Irving "Bump" Hadley and "Quiz Master" Verne Williams
Philip Crowley, Mayor of Everett from 1949 to 1965, shakes hands with longtime City Councillor Ambrose English, acting Mayor in 1948, following the death of Mayor Frank E. Lewis
The headquarters for building services and public works was located at the City Yards on East Elm St. It was replaced by a new facility on Tileston St. in the early 2000s
Students at the Franklin School probably early 1950s. The Franklin School was a wooden schoolhouse built in the late 1800s on Thorndike St. in the "Lynde" section of Everett
Bond Brothers Construction sponsored a Red Cross booth at the Everett Industrial Exposition 1951. Bond Brothers was founded in Everett in 1909 and has grown into a major regional construction company.
New England Tank and Tower Co. booth at the Everett Industrial Exposition 1951. According to their 1912 catalog, they were "manufacturers of wood tanks, dye tubs, and special equipment"
General Electric Foundry booth at Everett Industrial Exposition 1951. GE had a plant in Everett for many years and was a vital part of the war effort in World War II
Esso Standard Oil Company booth at Everett Industrial Expo 1951. Esso (now Exxon) had one of the few oil refineries located outside of the South for many years.
In 1948, Everett Stadium was expanded into a horseshoe-type stadium which seated 10,000 spectators. Events such as EHS football, drum and bugle competitions, and guest appearances by WBZ-TV's Rex Trailer, among others, would draw capacity crowds. The stadium was renovated and capacity was reduced in the early 1990s
Members include front row: Dr. William H. Gerety, Letty R. Russo, Dr. William H. Harrington, Joseph A. Curnane. back row: Mabel Curnane, Dr. LeRoy Kelley, Albert E. Morris, Charles E. Brickley, Margaret Denny
Enterprise Stores, a long time fixture in Everett staged a "grand reopening" in the early 1950s. Eventually, they changed their name to J.M. Fields and left Everett in the early 1960s. The building was then taken over by Gorin's, and stayed in Everett until the late 1980s. The building was destroyed by fire in November, 1991
Cities Service station on Chelsea St. looking west toward Everett Square. Cities Service changed its name to Citgo in 1964, and is the source of the famous sign overlooking Fenway Park
House owned by William Whittemore, a local shoemaker on what is now Norwood St. Originally part of Chelsea St., Norwood St. was a residential street until the 1920s, when many of the dwellings were demolished to make way for storefronts.
The store front at the corner of Walnut and Morris Streets would later be home to "Luigi's Market", and would be there for more than a half century before closing in 2019
Nearly everything in this photograph of the corner of Broadway and Second Street was razed to make room for a U.S. Post Office in 1938. The Post Office moved to Norwood St. some time ago, but the building is still standing.