The New Andover Inn's Foundation Laid

Title:
  • The New Andover Inn's Foundation Laid
Creator:
  • Thompson Starrett Company
Description:
  • The Andover Inn, also called Phillips Inn, has also had two buildings, as well as once being called Mansion House. The first hotel connected to the school was the former home of the Phillips family which was then called Mansion House. After it burned in 1887, the Stowe House was converted to a hotel and called first Mansion House and the Phillips Inn. The newest building was constructed in 1930 and remained the Phillips Inn until 1940 when it was christened the Andover Inn. The Stowe House can be seen in the right side of the photograph in its new location having given up its role as the Inn to this brick newcomer.
Date:
  • 12-14-1929
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

Thompson Starrett Company, “The New Andover Inn's Foundation Laid,” Phillips Academy, Andover, accessed December 12, 2018, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/phillips/items/show/1505.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.