Browse Items (278 total)

  • Collection: Abbot Academy and Phillips Academy History

StoneChapel004.jpg
Description: The Stone Chapel had originally been planned to go up in 1864, but a pledge fell through and it was not built until 1875. It was used jointly by the Theological Seminary and the Academy. Its bell…

StoneChapel003.jpg
Description: The Stone Chapel had originally been planned to go up in 1864, but a pledge fell through and it was not built until 1875. It was used jointly by the Theological Seminary and the Academy. Its bell…

StoneChapel002.jpg
Description: The Stone Chapel had originally been planned to go up in 1864, but a pledge fell through and it was not built until 1875. It was used jointly by the Theological Seminary and the Academy. Its bell…

Samaritan005.jpg
Date: 08-13-1929
Description: Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here…[More]

Samaritan004.jpg
Description: Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here…[More]

Samaritan003.jpg
Date: 1995
Description: Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here…[More]

Samaritan002.jpg
Description: Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here…[More]

Samaritan001.jpg
Description: Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here…[More]

Pumper1_ac.jpg
Creator: Sprattler, Timothy
Date: 2010
Description: This is a photograph of the pumper truck and hose truck used by the school's student fire department.

PondConnector.JPG
Creator: Sprattler, Timothy
Date: 2010
Description: This pond was constructed as a natural habitat for water birds. It was down stream from the pond that later became the Bobby Thompson Pond. A duck house was built on its southeastern shore. Looking…[More]

PondConnector.JPG
Creator: Sprattler, Timothy
Date: 2010
Description: As the sanctuary changed over the years structures and paths wepe put in place to access the new additions. The dams made the swimming hole and the duck pond possible. The new trees added new species…[More]

PondConnector.JPG
Creator: Sprattler, Timothy
Date: 2010
Description: This pond was made into a swimming hole in 1942 and was named for Robert Torrey Thompson, P. A. Class of 1936, who died in a training accident as a member of the Army Air Corps April 9, 1941. It was…[More]

Pearson005.jpg
Description: Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and…

Pearson004.jpg
Description: Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and…

Pearson003.jpg
Date: 1922
Description: Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and…

Pearson002.jpg
Date: 1922
Description: Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and…

Pathway.JPG
Description: As the sanctuary changed over the years structures and paths were put in place to access the new additions. The dams made the swimming hole and the duck pond possible. The new trees added new species…[More]

NewTrees.JPG
Description: As the sanctuary changed over the years structures and paths were put in place to access the new additions. The dams made the swimming hole and the duck pond possible. The new trees added new species…[More]

NaturalHistoryClubHouse2.JPG
Creator: Sprattler, Timothy
Date: 2010
Description: The Natural History Club House may have served a multiude of needs, besides a club house for the students. After the boys lost interest it was converted to a tool shed and later a garage.

NaturalHistoryClubHouse1.JPG
Creator: Sprattler, Timothy
Date: 2010
Description: The Natural History Club House may have served a multiude of needs, besides a club house for the students. After the boys lost interest it was converted to a tool shed and later a garage.