Woodville Chapel, Farm Street, circa 1912

Title:
  • Woodville Chapel, Farm Street, circa 1912
Description:
  • "The Woodville Chapel on Farm Street was dedicated on February 16, 1896 under the auspices of the Massachusetts Baptist Sunday School Association. The 24' x 30' building had a seating capacity of 'little more' than 125 people. During the dedication ceremonies, the chapel was completely filled with an 'interested' congregation, many of whom were from out of town. The two-hour afternoon ceremony included singing by a Wakefield male quartet, the presentation of keys to Stephen Moore, President of the Massachusetts Baptist Society Sunday School Association, and remarks from invited local officials. A 'social' service was held later that evening, with singing and a 'brief address'. The Woodville chapel closed in 1939 and is now a private home." -- Text from calendar by Jayne M. D'Onofrio.
  • Image from the Wakefield Municipal Gas and Light Department annual calendar, 2004
  • Photo courtesy of the Wakefield Item Company.
Date:
  • ca. 1912
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • [Wakefield, Mass.] : Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department

Citation

“Woodville Chapel, Farm Street, circa 1912,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed July 19, 2018, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/7187.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.