Ye Barnard Inn, 8 Albion Street, circa 1925

Title:
  • Ye Barnard Inn, 8 Albion Street, circa 1925
Description:
  • "Formerly the Albion Inn, the Ye Barnard Inn, was located across the street from the current Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department offices. The inn was acquired by Mr. Barnard around 1925. In 1930, Mr. Barnard commissioned the firm of W.M. Brooks Company of Boston to change the structure into a two-story building at a cost of $7,500. The alterations included an office in the front of the second floor and an apartment at the rear. A store was 'made available' in the front of the building which was extended nearer to the sidewalk as far as the inner curbing bordered by the small garden maintained by Mr. Barnard." -- Text from calendar by Jayne M. D'Onofrio.
  • Image from the Wakefield Municipal Gas and Light Department annual calendar, 1997
  • Photo courtesy of the Wakefield Item Company.
Date:
  • ca. 1925
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Wakefield, Mass. : Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department

Citation

“Ye Barnard Inn, 8 Albion Street, circa 1925,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed May 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/6850.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.