Bulfinch Hall and Parking

Title:
  • Bulfinch Hall and Parking
Description:
  • Bulfinch Hall, once called The Brick Academy was built in 181 to replace its wooden predecessor, which had burnt to the ground. It served as the main academy building or Classic Hall from 1818 to 1843 and then for the Classical Department only until 1866. From then until 1896, when it was gutted by a fire, it was the gymnasium. In 1902 it became a dining hall, and lastly the home of the English Department in 1937. Bulfinch has served the academy well over the centuries. At this time cars were allowed to park in front of Bulfinch and the Gym. Vintage car buffs should be able to recognize the cars.
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

“Bulfinch Hall and Parking,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed July 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/6007.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.