Borden Gym Shirts and Skins

Title:
  • Borden Gym Shirts and Skins
Creator:
  • Loegard, John (Class of 1956)
Description:
  • Construction on Borden Gym was started in 1900 and opened officially on March 22, 1902 with a basketball game against the Harvard Freshmen. It replaced the gym that had been in Bulfinch Hall, which was now to become a Dining Hall. In 1909 the students started a fund to build a pool, and by the end of 1911 the pool was open in a new wing. It has since held many events not the least of which was SAT Testing. In a time honored tradition one team takes off their t-shirts to identify themselves.
Date:
  • 1956
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

Loegard, John (Class of 1956), “Borden Gym Shirts and Skins,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed December 10, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/5971.

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.