Bartlet Hall as a Subject of a Portrait

Title:
  • Bartlet Hall as a Subject of a Portrait
Description:
  • Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are more photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. Boys are drawing the dorm, most likely for art class, or fun. Architectural drawing was a class as well, but the lines would be a lot more precise.
Date:
  • 1946
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

“Bartlet Hall as a Subject of a Portrait,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed July 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/5932.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.