The Andover Inn's Dining Room

Title:
  • The Andover Inn's Dining Room
Creator:
  • Morse, Benjamin
Description:
  • The Andover Inn, also called Phillips Inn, has also had two buildings, as well as once being called Mansion House. The first hotel connected to the school was the former home of the Phillips family which was then called Mansion House. After it burned in 1887, the Stowe House was converted to a hotel and called first Mansion House and the Phillips Inn. The newest building was constructed in 1930 and remained the Phillips Inn until 1940 when it was christened the Andover Inn. The dining room was home to a white asparagus festival and many other wonderful edible events.
Date:
  • 1930
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

Morse, Benjamin, “The Andover Inn's Dining Room,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed November 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/5919.

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.