Andover Inn: The View from the Back

Title:
  • Andover Inn: The View from the Back
Creator:
  • Thompson Starrett Company
Description:
  • The Andover Inn, also called Phillips Inn, has also had two buildings, as well as once being called Mansion House. The first hotel connected to the school was the former home of the Phillips family which was then called Mansion House. After it burned in 1887, the Stowe House was converted to a hotel and called first Mansion House and the Phillips Inn. The newest building was constructed in 1930 and remained the Phillips Inn until 1940 when it was christened the Andover Inn. Almost done, the Inn just needs some grass and some stairs for that door up in the corner and she's ready to open.
Date:
  • 09-15-1930
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

Thompson Starrett Company, “Andover Inn: The View from the Back,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed July 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/5910.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.