Addison Gallery of American Art Exterior

Title:
  • Addison Gallery of American Art Exterior
Description:
  • The Addison Gallery of American Art was built in 1930 through the generous gift of Thomas Cochran. It is named for his friend Mrs. Keturah Addison Cobb. It also provided funds to purchase the art collection for the permanent collection. Included in the collection is the school's copies of the Audubon Double Elephant Folio of Birds and his lesser known Folio of Quadrupeds. Almost ready. The shell is up but a few holes remain, and the inside has begun. This is a view from the south side and the Stone Chapel's steeple can be seen above the roof line.
Date:
  • 09-15-1930
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:
Publisher:
  • Andover, Mass. : Phillips Academy
Rights:
  • Communications Department Phillips Academy

Citation

“Addison Gallery of American Art Exterior,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed July 21, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/5867.

Social Bookmarking

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.