Sunbeam Farm, side view : 2

Title:
  • Sunbeam Farm, side view : 2
Description:
  • The Sunbeam Inn operated from the 1920's until 1955. It consisted of the main building, which housed a dining room and dance floor, a vegetable stand, a barn and greenhouse, and Gerould's Ice Cream Shop.
  • In 1957 restauranteur Anthony Athanas purchased the property and opened the General Glover Restaurant on the site. The General Glover remained open until the late 1990's.
  • Shows a side view, from Salem Street, of the Sunbeam Farm/Sunbeam Inn building taken in 1937. This photo is taken from a distance and shows two stone pillars at the end of the drive leading up to the farm. This large building featured two rounded towers at either end of the building, with a flagpole atop each tower. The lower level of the building was made of rough stone and the upper level of brick.
  • Title provided by cataloger
Date:
  • 1937
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:

Citation

“Sunbeam Farm, side view : 2,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed September 15, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/3553.

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.