Humphrey and Redington Streets, 1925

Title:
  • Humphrey and Redington Streets, 1925
Description:
  • "Humphrey at the corner of Redington Street [approximately 1930] shows the variety of businesses to be found. At 146 Humphrey Street is Saint Clair's Restaurant (later the site of Eatons' Drug Store), which had branches in Hyannis and Boston. At number 154 was E.E. Gray's Grocery Store at number 156, the George L. Rabinowitz import business and at number 160, Young's Dry Goods. The next building contained Jeffers & Charles, Druggist to its right was Saint John's Church."--from Images of America : Swampscott, Turino and Mathias, 1996
  • View of shops on Humphrey Street at the corner of Redlington Street from the opposite side of Humphrey Street. St. Clair's restaurant appears prominently on the corner and cars are parked along the street. As of 2008, this Humphrey Street location is home to the DeWolfe Real Estate Office, among others.
  • Title provided by cataloger
Date:
  • 1930?
Subject:
Coverage:
Contributor:

Citation

“Humphrey and Redington Streets, 1925,” NOBLE Digital Heritage, accessed September 15, 2019, https://digitalheritage.noblenet.org/noble/items/show/3181.

Contact

Please let us know if you have any corrections, additional information or questions about this item.