Browse Items (6086 total)

Description: Rooftop view of Beverly from the downtown area, looking northwest.

Description: Aerial view of Beverly and Beverly Harbor from the Odd Fellows Building. Steeple of the Washington Street Congregational Church is in the center of the picture.

Description: Beverly Armory, home to Company E. The building was located at 21 Thorndike Street, dedicated November 20, 1891 and vacated by 1906. Company E was formed in 1814, at the end of the War of 1812 and…[More]

Description: "Avalon" was the built in 1907 by the industrialist Frederick W. Ayer on Paine Avenue in Prides Crossing. The grounds were landscaped by Frederick Law Olmstead. The house was torn down, December…

Description: "Avalon" was the built in 1907 by the industrialist Frederick W. Ayer on Paine Avenue in Prides Crossing. The grounds were landscaped by Frederick Law Olmstead. The house was torn down, December…

Description: "Avalon" was the built in 1907 by the industrialist Frederick W. Ayer on Paine Avenue in Prides Crossing. The grounds were landscaped by Frederick Law Olmstead. The house was torn down, December…

Description: "Avalon" was the built in 1907 by the industrialist Frederick W. Ayer on Paine Avenue in Prides Crossing. The grounds were landscaped by Frederick Law Olmstead. The house was torn down, December…

Description: "Avalon" was the built in 1907 by the industrialist Frederick W. Ayer on Paine Avenue in Prides Crossing. The grounds were landscaped by Frederick Law Olmstead. The house was torn down, December…

Description: Portrait of John I. Baker, 1st mayor of Beverly who served for the year 1895.

Description: Baseball game between Universalist and North Beverly teams.

Description: Bass River with Hall-Whitaker Bridge and Green's Hill in the background.

Description: View of the Bass River looking west from near McPherson Drive.

Description: "The small point of land was the first landing place of the Salem Ferry. The Path of the old Planters following the line of the willow trees was the first travelled way on the 'Cape Ann Side of Bass…[More]

Description: Bass River Elementary School, 34 Conant Street. The building was replaced by a brick school building (renamed Charles S. Brown School in 1922 after its late principal) which was later closed and the…[More]

Description: Bass River Elementary School, 34 Conant Street, Beverly, Mass. The building was designed by John Ashton. It was renamed Charles S. Brown School in 1922 after its late principal. The school was later…[More]

Description: Bass River Elementary School, 34 Conant Street. The building was replaced by a brick school building (renamed Charles S. Brown School in 1922 after its late principal) which was later closed and the…[More]

Description: Bass River Elementary School, 34 Conant Street. The building was replaced by a brick school building (renamed Charles S. Brown School in 1922 after its late principal) which was later closed and the…[More]

Description: Municipal coat of arms for Beverley, England.

Description: Municipal coat of arms for Beverley, England.

Description: Beverley, England Public Library.