Browse Items (291 total)

  • Collection: Current Photographs of Wakefield

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 09-22-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of the granite historical marker located at the extreme south end of the Upper Common. "Historical Linn Village 1639, Original town of Redding 1644, South Reading 1812, Wakefield…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-28-2007
Description: Photo shows the brick hose drying tower, originally part of the 1891 central fire station at the corner of Crescent and Princess Streets. The tower was the only part of the building that was saved…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-29-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of the building housing the offices of the Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department, located at 9 Albion Street on the north side of the street. The brick building was built for…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-29-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of Princess Street (originally Mechanic Street) looking west from Crescent Street towards Main Street. On the right is the 2004 Public Safety Building, with the 1891 brick hose…

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-29-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of Centre Street looking west from Crescent Street towards Main Street. On the left is the 2004 Public Safety Building. In the middle ground the rear of CVS pharmacy can be seen…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 07-25-2008
Description: Photo shows the house located at 21 Park Avenue on the north side of the street near Dell Avenue. The house is in the Wakefield Park neighborhood, the development of which began in 1886. The area…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 09-23-2007
Description: Photo shows the DeaconThomas Kendel grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The slate headstone was carved by the "Charlestown Carver", and is considered one of the earliest and best…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Elizabeth Browne grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the west end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Sarah Briant grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Matthew Edwardes grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the east end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Thomas Parker grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the west end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the William Green grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the east end of the cemetery

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the William Hescy grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the west end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 04-22-2008
Description: Photo shows a view of Lakeside Cemetery on North Avenue, on the west shore of Lake Quannapowitt. This view was taken from the eastern shore of the Lake, near the intersection of Main and Sweetser…

Creator: Sardella, Mark S. , 1951-
Date: 05-2016
Description: The West Ward School, also known as the "Little Red Schoolhouse", was built in 1847. It is located on Prospect Street at the intersection with Elm Street.

Creator: Sardella, Mark S. , 1951-
Date: 12-2007 to 02-2008
Description: Photo depicts the Wakefield Bowladrome located at 92 Water Street.

Creator: Sardella, Mark S. , 1951-
Date: 12-2007 to 02-2008
Description: Photo depicts the Greenwood Pharmacy located at 949 Main Street. The pharmacy was owned by the Velardo family for over 50 years at that location. It closed on Wednesday, December 26, 2007.

Creator: Sardella, Mark S. , 1951-
Date: 12-2007 to 02-2008
Description: Photo depicts the Wakefield Ready Mixed Concrete Company plant located at 1 New Salem Street.

Creator: Sardella, Mark S. , 1951-
Date: 12-2007 to 02-2008
Description: Photo shows the Greenwood School on the east side of Main Street, number 1030 in the Greenwood section of Wakefield. The school was built in 1897, and remodeled and enlarged in 1902 and again in…

Creator: Sardella, Mark S. , 1951-
Date: 12-2007 to 02-2008
Description: Photo shows the Hurd School on the northwest corner of Cordis and Pleasant Streets in the North Ward section of Wakefield. The school was built in 1898. It closed in the early 2000s.