Browse Items (291 total)

  • Collection: Current Photographs of Wakefield

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 09-22-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of the granite historical marker located at the extreme south end of the Upper Common. "Historical Linn Village 1639, Original town of Redding 1644, South Reading 1812, Wakefield…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-28-2007
Description: Photo shows the brick hose drying tower, originally part of the 1891 central fire station at the corner of Crescent and Princess Streets. The tower was the only part of the building that was saved…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-29-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of the building housing the offices of the Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department, located at 9 Albion Street on the north side of the street. The brick building was built for…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-29-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of Princess Street (originally Mechanic Street) looking west from Crescent Street towards Main Street. On the right is the 2004 Public Safety Building, with the 1891 brick hose…

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-29-2007
Description: Photo shows a view of Centre Street looking west from Crescent Street towards Main Street. On the left is the 2004 Public Safety Building. In the middle ground the rear of CVS pharmacy can be seen…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 07-25-2008
Description: Photo shows the house located at 21 Park Avenue on the north side of the street near Dell Avenue. The house is in the Wakefield Park neighborhood, the development of which began in 1886. The area…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 09-23-2007
Description: Photo shows the DeaconThomas Kendel grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The slate headstone was carved by the "Charlestown Carver", and is considered one of the earliest and best…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Elizabeth Browne grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the west end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Sarah Briant grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Matthew Edwardes grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the east end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the Thomas Parker grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the west end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the William Green grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the east end of the cemetery

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 10-21-2007
Description: Photo shows the William Hescy grave stone in the Old Burying Ground on Church Street. The stone is located at the west end of the cemetery.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 04-22-2008
Description: Photo shows a view of Lakeside Cemetery on North Avenue, on the west shore of Lake Quannapowitt. This view was taken from the eastern shore of the Lake, near the intersection of Main and Sweetser…

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 06-27-2008
Description: Photos show views of the building located at 306 Main Street on the east side of the street at the corner of Crescent Street. The building also incorporates 1 Crescent Street. It was originally…

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 04-15-2008
Description: Photos show the house located at 12 Salem Street on the south side of the street near the Common. Built between 1831 and 1873, the Federal style house has an Italianate porch which was probably added…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 11-30-2007
Description: Photos show views of the house located at 114 Main Street facing Lake Quannapowitt. Built before 1750, the house is of wood frame construction and was built by Dr. Thomas Simpson.

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 11-30-2007
Description: Photos show views of the house formerly located at 120 Main Street facing Lake Quannapowitt. The house was built around 1948 and was of wood construction with a brick exterior. The front of the…[More]

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 09-2007 to 11-2007
Description: Photos show views of the building located at 13-15 Albion Street on the north side of the street. Built around 1906, the yellow brick building has businesses on the ground floor and apartments…

Creator: Klapes, Jeffrey M. , 1964-
Date: 09-23-2007
Description: Photos show views of the house located at 15 Eaton Street on the north side of the street. Built in 1840, the house is of wood frame construction and has several additions.