Browse Items (152 total)

  • Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1890
Description: Side view of the Weeks home on Humphrey Street after a snow fall.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1946
Description: View along a quiet residential section of Burrill Street.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900?
Description: View of the interior of Tink Curtis' restaurant. The tables are covered with white table cloths and the restaurant is empty of patrons.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1959?
Description: The original Swampscott Town Hall was built in 1860 for a total of $4,381.43 including the land. It was located at Burrill Street -- the site of the present day fire station. The first town meeting…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1959?
Description: The original Swampscott Town Hall was built in 1860 for a total of $4,381.43 including the land. It was located at Burrill Street -- the site of the present day fire station. The first town meeting…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1959?
Description: The original Swampscott Town Hall was built in 1860 for a total of $4,381.43 including the land. It was located at Burrill Street -- the site of the present day fire station. The first town meeting…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1959?
Description: The original Swampscott Town Hall was built in 1860 for a total of $4,381.43 including the land. It was located at Burrill Street -- the site of the present day fire station. The first town meeting…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1959?
Description: The original Swampscott Town Hall was built in 1860 for a total of $4,381.43 including the land. It was located at Burrill Street -- the site of the present day fire station. The first town meeting…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900?
Description: Exterior view of the Swampscott Tavern on Humphrey Street. The Little Red Shoe Shop, later moved to Essex Street, is visible behind the tavern. Along the building's foundation, the remains of some…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: A female librarian holding a book while sitting at a desk with a Christmas tree.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: A female librarian holding a book while sitting at a desk in front of book stacks.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. The library was built in 1915 on land donated by Elihu Thomson, formerly the site of his tennis courts. On January 20,…
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is of a male patron with a briefcase entering the library.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. Photograph is taken from an angle showing the left side of the building. The library was built in 1915 on land donated by…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. Appears to have been taken from across the street. The library was built in 1915 on land donated by Elihu Thomson,…
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. Photograph includes a car in front. The library was built in 1915 on land donated by Elihu Thomson, formerly the site of…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. Photograph is a close up view of the front entrance to the library. The library was built in 1915 on land donated by Elihu…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1948
Description: Photograph is of a display case in the library for bestsellers of 1948.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Side view of librarian Susan Duval Nellis at the circulation desk checking out books to a male patron. Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. The library was…
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1952?
Description: Photograph is of librarian Susan Duval Nellis at the circulation desk checking out books to a male patron. Photograph is pre-1955, before the first addition was made to the building. The library was…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings