Browse Items (152 total)

  • Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900?
Description: Exterior view of the A.G. Potter Wood and Paper Box company with male and female workers standing on the steps in front of the building.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1890
Description: The First United Church was built in the late 1800's. This church was the composite of two churches, the Bethany Baptist Church and the First Christian Church ... In May of 1913, for their mutual…
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1940?
Description: View of "Shorty" Shaw's home at the rear of Jack's Spa on Humphrey Street. This location is now the site of the Chaisson's Cove Condominiums.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900?
Description: Distant exterior view of the "Top-o'-the Bluff" on Outlook Road
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1939?
Description: Photo shows the rear of the residence of Mr. and Mr. A. E. Little, owners and operators of the General Glover Inn. View shows the terrace from the vantage of the gift shop.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1939?
Description: Photo shows the terrace of the residence of Mr. and Mr. A. E. Little, owners and operators of the General Glover Inn. View shows main entrance to the General Glover Inn.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1930?
Description: The Andrews Chapel was built in 1923 in memory of Isaac H. Andrews through a bequest to the Board of Selectman from his wife Ellen E. Andrews. Mr. Andrews had served as a town assessor and on the…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1930?
Description: The Andrews Chapel was built in 1923 in memory of Isaac H. Andrews through a bequest to the Board of Selectman from his wife Ellen E. Andrews. Mr. Andrews had served as a town assessor and on the…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1930?
Description: The Andrews Chapel was built in 1923 in memory of Isaac H. Andrews through a bequest to the Board of Selectman from his wife Ellen E. Andrews. Mr. Andrews had served as a town assessor and on the…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1930?
Description: The Andrews Chapel was built in 1923 in memory of Isaac H. Andrews through a bequest to the Board of Selectman from his wife Ellen E. Andrews. Mr. Andrews had served as a town assessor and on the…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900?
Description: The Lincoln House was built by S.H. Wardwell at the western end of Phillips Point and run for many years by the Wardwell brothers."--from Images of America : Swampscott, Turino and Mathias, 1996.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1903
Description: Front exterior view of the Blaney House on Humphrey Street.;The Blaney House was built in 1641 by Capt. Ralph King and later sold to the Blaney Family. The site is now used for commercial purposes.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1924
Description: View from the side of the Burrill House on Burrill Street at Essex Street.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1945?
Description: "Martin's Fish Market was established in 1902 originally it was Martin and Durgin at 436 Humphrey Street. The fish market remained in operation until 1966. The gift shop began after 1942 and was…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900?
Description: "A mother and son [in a horse-drawn carriage] on Humphrey Street, approaching the intersection of Blaney Street. Behind them is Tucker's Market and J.L. Taylor's Barber Shop."--from Swampscott,…
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1910
Description: George L. Chaisson, Boat Builders, was located at 9 Elmwood Road. The company was in existence some time before 1916 and continued until 1954. An advertisement for the company stated that it was a…[More]
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1915
Description: Photograph of the Clarke Elementary School in Swampscott, Mass.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1900
Description: Photo of the rear of the Cliff House, taken from below, showing a set of steep steps up to the house from the rocky beach below.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1937
Description: View looking up the walkway toward the front of the Collins house, as stately home, on Rock Avenue.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings

Date: 1890
Description: View along unpaved Blaney Street, looking [direction] with churches on either side.
Collection: Swampscott Buildings