Once known as Bear Hill, Mount Hood is located in the southeastern part of Melrose near the Saugus line. The Mount Hood Municipal Golf Course, operated as part of the Mount Hood Recreational Center under the Park Commission, was started in 1933 as a Federal works project and officially opened on April 26, 1936. The recreation building and clubhouse opened in June 1937. The Center included a ski-jump, ski-tow and skating ponds and was opened by a Winter Sports Carnival on January 25-26, . Photographs of Mount Hood Recreational Park 1936-1940 include images of the construction of the Mount Hood clubhouse, and various sporting events that include ski jumping, snowshoe golfing, dog sledding, tobogganing, and ice skating.
- Institution: Melrose Public Library
- Massachusetts--Middlesex (county)--Melrose